This year was a whirlwind of feelings, emotions, joy, love, happiness, anger and thousands of other amazing, awesome and often times odd adjectives. I had a baby, which I'm sure is not any news to anyone reading this so called "blog" that I think my son will one day cherish. I have spent countless hours working on creating this thing so that I can look back at it whenever I want and sort of send myself back in time. I think it's cool to look back and just see how my wording has changed month to month and other silly things like that. Also what I find most amazing is how I can see in words how my love for Braden has grown.
At the start of the year, my notes to Braden were short and simple, no nicknames, and I called myself mom. As time went on and he was born I can see that I was writing "I love you" more, saying "ours" and using cute words to describe him. But by years end, MY little Buggy that I now call a whole assortment of things and am totally possessive of is the center of my world (and for the most part this blog). The notes to Brade are paragraphs instead of sentences, I have probably gone through the dictionary describing my love for him, I refer to myself as MOMMY and I just can't stop smiling when I write. Enough already about Braden...JUST KIDDING! Anyways...
So as for the 10 biggest breaking news in my laid back, low key life...
1. Braden was born! Duh, if this is not the best and most wonderful day of the year..."I don't know what is"--seems like I have said that a few times this year ;)
2. I got engaged to Dave, Braden's Dad and although I wasn't shocked that this day would come, I am glad it did. Braden only deserves the best, and having me around everyday and Daddy too gets him off to a good start. It's been rough at times but we're still here, and still making things work.
3. The relationship with my Mom has turned out to be one that I truly cherish. For years, I had been the lame-o daughter that only wanted to spend time with her friends and was at times a brat. Now days you can find me begging my Mom to hang out with me, go to the store with me, watch TV with me...I pretty much need her by my side at all times.
4. I graduated college. After a long time of being in and out of school I finally have a degree to show for all my hard work.
5. I have a job! I work now, just part-time because I want to be home with Braden too. I work at ProMark and I adore my co-workers who have turned into friends.
6. Dave bought an '05 Trail Blazer, which is great news for me because now I have an awesome, safe car to drive our little munchkin around in.
7. Braden rolled over, sat alone, got two teeth, ate table food, crawled, talked and stood. He's just simply amazing huh (sounds like he had a big year!)
8. My brother graduated high school and I sat and watched him walk across the stage. I asked him just the other day that "if had to pick who his biggest fan was who would he pick?" and he said ME! I could be wrong but I think he really meant it.
9. I cut my hair super short. I went from drab to fab in a matter of hours. Oh, what a drastic hair cut and couple of highlights can do.
10. I turned 21 years old. So this isn't like some super exciting news because I didn't go out and crawl home from the bars on my birthday--but I did have a drink with my Dad, Mom, Dave and Grandparents. Lets just spare us all the stories of summer concerts and winter barn parties. At the age of 21, having a drink is not on my mind since I have a baby to get up with early :)
I wanted to also take this time to think about some of my favorite things this year:
Favorite songs:
-Paparazzi by Lady Gaga
-Obsessed by Mariah Carey
-Replay by IYAZ
-Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood
-Do I by Luke Bryan
Favorite Movies (some I might have watched on TV):
-2012 (Really was good!)
-New Moon
-Definitely, Maybe
-Sex and the City
Favorite Shows:
-Desperate Housewives
-Vampire Diaries
-Teen Mom
-Flashforward
-V
-Royal Pains
-Royal Pains
Favorite Places with Braden:
-Brown's Berry Patch
-Seneca Park Zoo (twice!)
-Springdale Farms
-Camp at Red Rock Ponds
Favorite Fun Things:
-Summer Jam at Charlotte Beach
-Trans Siberian Orchestra
-Fishing on the boat with Danny & Dave
-Outlet Mall Shopping with Dave :)
At the end of the year I am filling my gas tank for about $53, that's around $2.81/gallon. Braden's formula that we only have to use for three more months costs $14.89 for a 12.9 oz can and his diapers are $40 for 140 at Sam's Club. Let's see if 2010 can bring these prices down ;) (I know my hopes are going to be crushed).
---I am so thankful that everyone in my family is healthy, happy and are able to spend time together. Here's to 2010! See ya next year!