Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Caved...

YES! I caved, maybe under the pressure of my Mom, or maybe just from the pressure of checking prices at 3 salons in the mall before heading to the Barber shop down near the DMV in Greece Ridge Mall (Barbers 6--to be exact).  Can I mention that some salons wanted $16 to do a baby hair cut!  I think that's a little insane, he only has a couple hundred strands!  Anyways...if you are still wondering after all those pretty obvious clues what it is exactly that I have caved on, it's the hair cut.  I decided to get Braden's hair cut for the upcoming Christmas celebrations.  As we sat in the Barber shop waiting our turn I looked at Braden's hair, that one long piece that is more like a huge chunk was falling down into his eyes, his "side-burns" were blanketing his ears and must not forget his interesting long hair on the back of his head that is ONLY long on the sides and short in the center.  He was looking a little disheveled to say the least. 

Evidence of the little guy's unruly hair...note the long chunk in the front and hair that blankets his ears.

But the moment I knew would be bittersweet.  (Grammie even teared up since she was there with us).  Isn't he just too young to have a hair cut?  I imagined him to be at least a year and being bribed to sit still.  The outcome of the first hair cut was just as perfect as Braden is...

My Proud Buggy

A face in total awe.

Gosh darn!  He is the cutest thing I have ever seen.  I sometimes cannot even imagine anything cuter than him.  He beats out playful puppies, cuddly kittens, baby bunnies...Oh, the wonderful things you will be Braden.

Braden,


My little baby, you are growing up so fast.  Can you believe that you have already had your hair cut!?  I mean gee, I didn't even have any hair until I was like two!  You were so brave today too.  You sat on my lap so very calm, and didn't even try to rip off the "cape" that the hairdresser put on you.  I was so happy to be with you.  You are just such a joy!  You are even cuter than you were before (I really didn't think that was possible).   Oh, Brade, what will be next?  What big accomplishment will you do next week, or tomorrow or even within the hour?  I love you times 13,989,234,113,489.


XOXO,
Mommy