Today my Mom and I took on a HUGE project. It all started yesterday actually when we started shopping for what would turn into a two-day cooking extravaganza! My Mom and I went to Sam's Club and she spent over $400! Then we still had to go to Big M where she spent another $100. All these groceries are meant to make enough meals for a month. We spent Friday night chopping up onions, carrots, potatoes, fruit and slow cooking some of the meat. The onions burned our eyes so badly, my Dad had to take over and chop up a few!
Then this morning at 7 AM my Mom was already up starting to prepare the meals, so I joined in. We made:
-
Breakfast
- Apple Streusel Muffins
- Silver Dollar Pear Pancakes
- Breakfast Eggwiches
-
Lunches
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Black Beans & Brown Rice
- White Chicken Chili
- Carole’s Chili
-
Dinners
- Freezer Beef Stew
- Deconstructed Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Ultimate Beef Stroganoff
- Baked Ziti
- Mexican Cornbread Casserole
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken & Chilies Casserole
- Parmesan-Paprika Pork Chops
Impressive right? I think so! It took more than a day but we got all the meals made, and we really do now have enough meals for a month! Way to go us :)
-