Saturday, November 7, 2009

An Update

Yesterday Braden had to go get a booster shot for the flu shot he got at his 6 month well baby check-up.  Another worry on my mind is about the H1N1 or Swine Flu.  I am greatly debating if I should have Braden vaccinated for it.  The Swine Flu is basically like the Flu only no one knows where it comes from, all it needs is a host, it's very contagious and the vaccine only came out after this pandemic started back in April of 2009.  So I don't think there is enough testing and makes me weary on weather or not I should give the vaccination to Braden.

So anyways, yesterday was quite a day filled with bad luck.  Thursday I called Genesis Pediatrics to have an appointment schedule for Braden to get the booster shot.  They said I could come in Friday at 11 am.  Well, I show up and they said I had missed my 11 am appointment for THURSDAY.  Which I would never have schedule that appointment since I was tied up at Locust Hill Country Club for a CPA seminar for my internship all morning.  After everything was settled at the doctor's they said I could be squeezed in and get Braden the shot.  Of course I wanted to know how much Braden weighed, so I had them do that too.  He weighed in at a whopping 21 lbs. 8 oz.!  Braden gained a pound and a half since his six month check up.

Later, me and Braden went to Target, which was just fine but while shopping I had worked up quite the appetite.  I decided to stop at the new KFC on Ridge Road and all I wanted was a popcorn chicken kids meal.  I ordered and payed my 5 bucks and thought I'd wait to eat till I got home to dunk my popcorn chicken into some dipping sauce.  Well, when I got home, I realized they didn't even give me the freakin' chicken!  Isn't KFC all about chicken?  How could they forget the chicken?  Anyways, my Dad called and complained and I get a free meal next time I stop in.

To end the night, Rob and Morgan came over.  They're mine and Dave's new friends.  They are great.

This morning, now Saturday and the weekend is officially here, I dressed Braden in the cutest thing ever:


Is this not the cutest face?  He looks like a little pimp!
I Love You Braden Daniel. Love, Mommy


Braden sported this outfit AFTER he ate pancakes and a yogurt cube.  Now he's squealing as he watches Wonder Pets and right after Wonder Pets is over Brade is heading to "Nigh-Nigh"...otherwise known as "Night-Night."  It's cute, Braden sort of says Nigh-Nigh, but it could also be interpreted as NO NO, since he hears that word soooo often!  Or he could be talking about Nene from The Housewives of Atlanta!  As far as naps he's been taking one morning nap from about 9:30 am to noon, and another in the afternoon around 2 til 4.


I think it's supposed to be brisk but pleasant out today so I might take Braden for a walk.  I'm being motivated by other people's Facebook status' to train for a marathon, it seems like everyone is doing them these days.  But it's certainly not a top priority ;-).