Monday, April 27, 2009

Start of Camping Season

Camping season is back in full swing. And my parents have been spending a lot of time there as usual. I have been coming a lot more now to fill in the time that Dave is at work...

See...we decided that we would live between both our parents' houses before Braden was born. So half the week (Sunday-Wednesday) we stay in Hilton at my parent's house and the rest of the week we stay at Dave's parent's house. So on the days that I am at Dave's I get bored and head to camp. It lets me get out and get a little fresh air and we take a lot of walks which I hope will get my butt back in shape. Although after a month or so this kind of switching back and forth got a little too hard. Babies have A LOT of things and it was so hard to remember what I had to cart over to the Burr's on the days we'd be there. So we opted for staying in Hilton full time. It's easier for all of us I think; Braden has his own space here to eventually roam around and he even has his very own room (that's super cute and decked out with all the latest and greatest!). I didn't want any hard feelings from this decision but I think it's for the best. Babies need structure right?! Plus, my Mom babysits while I'm at school so it's far more convenient.

BUT BACK TO CAMP...

There is a lot to do at camp...actually I'm over exaggerating.

My Dad spends most of his time cooking, fishing or boating...


Funny picture of all the Catfish him and my brother caught...except they weren't caught at camp.

My mom works from camp and she plays games. That's more my speed...sitting around and playing games. Our newest favorite is Monopoly Deal. It's like Monopoly only quick and you play with cards instead of a board.


Me and Braden at camp...

Braden,

I hope that all the decisions I make for you will be in your best interest. I always put you first and want the very best for you. I think that I'm doing a good job as your Mommy so far. But don't forget all the other people that helped me out when you were first born. Like Daddy of course, who sat in the hospital the day you were born and kept saying to me "don't you just love him?" He was in such awe of you. There's Grandma Carol, who held you every time I showered at their house and would do your laundry too. And Uncle Dan, who would let you sleep in his arms. Then Grammie, or Grammie-Pie...or GIGI as she likes to call herself, now she babysat you while Mommy went to school, so she got to do every thing Mommy would have had to if she were there--including changing poopy diapers! And Grandpa who got your bedroom all perfected before you were born. Oh! And Bella, who kept you amused, you just love to look at her. The list could just go on and that's because you are VERY loved by all.

Hugs & Kisses, Mommy